- Dan Shea contributed the article "The State of the Capital Markets: The Calm before a Surge?" to ACG's Middle Market Growth publication. Click here to read the article at www.acg.org.
- Jeff Manning is featured as the Guest Editor in the July/August 2013 Journal of Corporate Renewal. Click here to read "The Health Care Challenge Is Corporate Recovery's Opportunity".
- Bill Shiry Joins BDO Capital Advisors, LLC as Managing Director to head Chicago office
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Completes Capital Raise and ESOP Formation Advisory for Storage Solutions, Inc.
- The 2013 annual Turnaround Atlas Awards global program recognized Jeff Manning as one of the top 100 restructuring and turnaround professionals while BDO Capital Advisors, LLC was named as one of the top 5 restructuring and bankruptcy boutique investment banking firms.
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Sale of Segway Inc. to Summit Strategic Investments, LLC
- BDO Capital Newsletter - Q1 2013 Healthcare Information Technology Review and Outlook
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Recapitalization of Diamond Packaging Holdings, LLC
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Partnership of SSAD with Century Capital
- BDO Capital Newsletter from Bob Snape – Blocking and Tackling: The Current State of Middle Market M&A
- Jeff Manning was recently featured in The Wall Street Journal's Bankruptcy Beat article, "I-Bankers Look to Greece for Deal Code Names". Click here for the full article.
- Jeff Manning recently provided commentary in The Wall Street Journal article, "Chapter 11 Tools Help Airline Consolidations Take Flight". Click here for the full article.
- BDO Tech Newsletter - Fall 2012: Valentina Midura provides an update of M&A activity in the Software Industry
- Dan Shea Appointed Head of New Private Equity Initiative for BDO Capital Advisors, LLC and BDO USA, LLP
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Sale of INNCOM International, Inc. to Honeywell International Inc. (NYSE: HON)
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Sale of Geocel Holdings Corporation to The Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE: SHW)
- BDO Capital Industrial Markets Sector - Q2 2012 Transaction Review and Outlook
- Bob Snape named President of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC
- Jeff Manning's article, "Distressed M&A? Look toward SNFs", co-authored by Jerry Shapiro, Managing Director at BDO Consulting, provides commentary on skilled nursing facility bankruptcies for the The Deal. Click here for the full article and video
- In Memoriam: Kenneth A. Csaplar
- Jeff Manning adds eight new cases and earns “hottest investment banker” recognition from The Deal
- BDO Capital Industrial Markets Sector - Q1 2012 Transaction Review and Outlook
- BDO Capital M&A Newsletter - December 2011 Update
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC acted as exclusive investment banker to Nutrition 21, Inc., et.al. in the sale of essentially all its operating assets under §§363 and 365 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code to N21 Acquisition Holdings, LLC, a newly formed entity controlled by JDS Scientific, LLC.
- BDO Capital Advises Morrison Supply Company on Investment by Advent International
- Jeff Manning's guest post on the impact of the Stern v. Marshall ruling was featured on the legal blog, Blawgetter, on October 28.
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Sale of Chemguard, Inc. to Tyco International Ltd.
- BDO Capital Advisors was highlighted in The Deal Pipeline as the financial advisor to Nutrition 21, Inc. while the company files for Chapter 11 protection and looks to sell its assets. The full article is available here.
- BDO Capital Advisors was included in the bankruptcy league table ranking of Top Investment Banks for Q2 2011 on The Deal.com and The Deal Pipeline on August 25 and was ranked eighth in the Top Investment Banks category. Jeff Manning ranked third for the Top Investment Bankers. You can find the complete rankings here.
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces a Transaction Closing between Neptune-Benson, Inc. and Audax Group
- Jeff Manning and Jeff Varsalone's bylined article entitled "Beware Of Consultants Bearing Unlicensed Bankers" was published on July 13 in Dow Jones Daily Bankruptcy Review. The article discusses new rules from FINRA governing the activities of consultants and financial advisors regarding investment banking activities. The full article is available here.
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Secures Revolving Credit Facility for U.S. Auto Sales, Inc. and U.S. Auto Finance, Inc.
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Completes Capital Raise for Leader Distribution Systems, Inc.
- Ken Csaplar and Jerry Dentinger penned an article entitled "M&A in the Middle Market: The Road to Recovery--But Not For All" which was published as the featured story in M&A Chicago’s e-publication on April 12. The full article is available here
- Jeff Manning's bylined article, entitled "Miles to go" was published on The Deal Pipeline on March 25. The full article is available here.
- Jeff Manning's bylined article, entitled "Middle Market Enters The Realm Of The Recovery Professional" was published in Dow Jones Daily Bankruptcy Review on March 23. The full article is available here.
- BDO Capital Tech Newsletter – Q1 2011
- Bob Snape was quoted in the article "5 Ways to Prepare Your Business for Sale Now" that was published on March 3 by AxialMarket and featured on Business Insider. The article discusses how to maximize the value of a business before a sale. The full article is available here.
- Daniel Shea joins BDO Capital Advisors as Managing Director
- Jeff Manning’s guest article on the 2011 middle market outlook was exclusively featured in M&A Chicago’s newsletter on February 22 and on their website on February 24, 2011. The full article is available here.
- BDO Capital Advisors was included in the bankruptcy league table ranking of Top Investment Banks for Q4 2010 on The Deal.com and The Deal Pipeline on February 24 and was ranked twelfth in the Top Investment Banks category. Jeff Manning ranked eighth and Harrison Price ranked tenth for the Top Investment Bankers.
- Ken Csaplar and the BDO PErspective Private Equity Study were featured in the article "BDO USA: Limited Partners Returning To Private Equity; Portfolio Hold Periods Extending" that was published on January 25 by Private Equity Professional Digest. The article was also featured in the outlet’s "Morning Coffee" newsletter. Results from the study are available here.
- BDO Capital Advisors was named a top 10 boutique M&A investment bank of the year at the M&A Atlas Awards held in New York City on November 19, 2010. The award recognizes firms for top transactions in the mid-market segments completed in the previous 12 months, ending October 2010.
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Completes Sale of a Specialty Chemical Company to Staple Street Capital
- Robert “Bob” Snape Joins BDO Capital Advisors as Managing Director
- Jeff Manning was quoted in the article "Signs of a Floor?" that was published on May 10 by Mergers & Acquisitions online. The article examined whether or not the commercial real estate industry has hit bottom or if it has farther to fall before a rebound.
- Jeff Manning was quoted in the article "It's Deal Time Again," that ran in the May issue of Financial Executive. The article looked at the current state of the deal market and why we may see an increase in deals in the next 12 months.
- Valentina Midura Appointed Managing Director of BDO Capital Advisors
100 High Street
Boston, MA 02110
Kenneth A. Csaplar
Mr. Csaplar serves as President and Managing Director of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC (formerly Trenwith Securities, LLC). Before founding BDO Capital’s Boston office, Mr. Csaplar co-managed Arthur Andersen's New England Corporate Finance Group. Prior to joining Andersen, he founded and ran Fleet Financial Group's mergers and acquisitions group and was responsible for sourcing and closing transactions in Fleet's eight-state geographical foot print. While at Fleet, Mr. Csaplar's primary focus was working with and advising owners of privately owned middle-market companies implementing liquidity events including sell-side transactions, leveraged recapitalizations, ESOPs, special dividends and capital raises.
Prior to joining Fleet, Mr. Csaplar was employed at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. in overseeing the Boston office's Corporate Finance activities. During his 13 year tenure at BBH & Co., he negotiated and closed mergers and acquisitions transactions including stock and asset sales of middle market and closely held public companies. In addition to his corporate finance skill-sets, Mr. Csaplar has valued corporate common and preferred stock, has been a panelist in numerous seminars and has sat on the board of directors of a number of public and private companies.
Before joining Brown Brothers, Mr. Csaplar was employed as an investment banker at Lepercq Capital Corp. in New York City structuring sale lease-back transactions for large real estate projects with equity interests sold through Drexel Burnham Lambert, Merrill Lynch Capital and Paine Webber Securities.
Mr. Csaplar is qualified as a General Securities Representative and a General Securities Principal.
M.B.A., Cornell University
M.S., Taxation, Bentley College
B.A., University of Pennsylvania
3200 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Senior Vice President
Mr. Krueger serves as Senior Vice President of Finance and is the Operating Officer for BDO Capital Advisors, LLC, a division of BDO USA, LLP. He has seventeen years of experience in financial planning, management of financial results and general operations in a variety of high profile corporate environments. He is currently responsible for the financial planning and compliance function for BDO Capital Advisors.
Mr. Krueger began his career at The Walt Disney Company in the corporate financial planning and analysis department. He has since held highly visible financial planning and operations positions with other Fortune 100 companies such as The Coca-Cola Company and Ingram Micro. Mr. Krueger joined BDO from McGladrey Capital Markets where he was an integral part of the executive management team providing analysis and insight as related to the financial planning function for the company.
Mr. Krueger is a member of Financial Executives International (FEI).
M.B.A., Pepperdine University
B.S., Finance, University of Southern California
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Patrick Nguyen, CIRA
Mr. Nguyen is a Director of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC (formerly Trenwith Securities, LLC) and has over ten years of experience providing transaction advice to public and private companies as well as private equity firms. He has a varied range of experience in financial restructuring transactions, special situations financing and M&A transactions in various industries. He has advised companies, secured lenders, financial sponsors, unsecured lenders, and unsecured creditors’ committees in the high-tech, telecommunication, aerospace, oil & gas, manufacturing, retail, and wholesale distribution industries.
Mr. Nguyen has also served in interim management and officer roles for client organizations during the restructuring process, including Interstate Bakeries Corporation, the largest wholesale bread and cake distributor in the United States and the home of two American icons: Twinkies and Wonder Bread.
Prior to joining our firm Mr. Nguyen worked in the Restructuring and Turnaround Group at Alvarez & Marsal, LLC. Previous to that he worked as a management consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Mr. Nguyen is qualified as a General Securities Representative and holds the Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors designation.
M.B.A., Cornell University
B.S., Computer Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, Beyond Oblivion, Nutrition 21, 4Kids Entertainment, Borders, Dial-A-Mattress, Reader’s Digest, Polarome International, AeroThrust, Westfield Steel, Zanios Food, Cardiac Management Systems, Freedom Communications, Bag ’n Baggage, Against All Odds, CFM US, JHT Holdings, Interstate Bakeries, Quaker Fabrics, and Home Décor.
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Jeffrey R. Manning
Mr. Manning is a managing director and group head of BDO’s special situations practice. With over 30 years of professional experience, he has been active across the special situations market since 1983, with activity in investment banking, loan workout, operating restructuring, value investing, bankruptcy advising, and loan trading. The 2013 annual Turnaround Atlas Awards global program recognized Mr. Manning as one of the top 100 restructuring and turnaround professionals while BDO Capital Advisors, LLC was named as one of the top 5 restructuring and bankruptcy boutique investment banking firms.
Prior to joining BDO Capital Advisors, LLC, Mr. Manning was the Chief Executive Officer of FTI Capital Advisors, the wholly-owned investment banking subsidiary of FTI Consulting. Mr. Manning has also led the special situations practice at other Wall Street firms, including Legg Mason Wood Walker and Rodman & Renshaw. He started the Global Bank Debt trading at Schroder Wertheim. Mr. Manning moved to Wall Street in 1992 at S.N. Phelps & Co., a well-known Greenwich, CT based "vulture investor.” Mr. Manning began his career in 1981 with Manufacturers Hanover Trust, where he moved to “special loans” in 1983, and then did operating restructuring work for Dun & Bradstreet from 1987 to 1992.
Mr. Manning is qualified as a General Securities Representative and as a General Securities Principal. He also holds the Certified Turnaround Professional designation.
Mr. Manning is a frequent speaker at industry and university events and authored a chapter for the Thomson Reuters / Aspatore book Inside the Minds: The Industries Most at Risk in Bankruptcy Legal and Financial Experts on What to Expect, Avoiding Financial Trouble, and Thoughts on the Future. Jeff’s chapter is entitled "Saving Technology and Service Companies from Chapter 11."
M.B.A., Columbia University
B.A., Yale University
Freedom Communications, Reader’s Digest, Dial-A-Mattress, Health Diagnostics, SIRVA, American Home Mortgage, Harvey Electronics, CFM US, Avado Brands, Tweeter, Broadview Networks, Arcadia Healthcare, Seitel, Corban Communications, Cannondale, Devon Mobile Communications, Standard Automotive Corporation, USA Floral Product, National Record Mart.
100 High Street
Boston, MA 02110
Mr. Sendlenski is a Managing Director in the Boston office of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC and has more than 15 years of investment banking experience with a particular focus on advising corporations on mergers and acquisitions, leveraged recapitalizations and ESOP transactions. In addition to maintaining relationships with hundreds of middle-market private equity firms, Mr. Sendlenski has been invited to participate on leveraged recapitalization panels to discuss financing, the deal process, negotiating employment agreements and how entrepreneurs can effectively work with private equity firms. Mr. Sendlenski's transaction resume includes the sale of over 40 businesses with total value of over $2 billion.
Prior to joining BDO Capital Advisors, Mr. Sendlenski worked in the technology investment banking group of Alex. Brown and Deutsche Bank Securities. During his time at Deutsche Bank, Mr. Sendlenski worked on public and private capital raises and merger and acquisition transactions for clients such as Accenture, Lucent, NEC and Adtran.
Mr. Sendlenski has been selected as one of the Top 40 Investment Bankers Under Age 40 by Investment Dealers' Digest.
Mr. Sendlenski is qualified as a General Securities Representative.
B.A., Economics, Williams College
100 High Street
Boston, MA 02110
Ms. Midura is the head of BDO Capital Advisors' Technology Industry practice and has more than 13 years of investment banking experience. In addition to overseeing this industry vertical for BDO Capital Advisors, she also is primarily responsible for maintaining BDO Capital Advisors' relationships with the private equity community. Ms. Midura is a specialist in numerous transaction structures and processes including leveraged recapitalizations, the "auction sale" and a variety of other going to market techniques and deal structures. Ms. Midura has authored numerous industry and process related articles and routinely participates in speaking engagements, presentations and industry symposiums. Her transaction resume includes the successful sale of over 30 companies with total client consideration value approaching $1 billion.
Prior to joining BDO Capital Advisors, LLC, Ms. Midura served as a Director in the investment banking division of Andersen Global Corporate Finance, LLP, joining that group in 1998. While at Andersen's Boston office she was a key architect in the firm's investment banking technology go to market strategy and a contributor to the firm's growth across a variety of technology sectors including software, hardware and IT services. In addition to technology, Ms. Midura specializes in analyzing and processing value-enhancing liquidity alternatives for companies across a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, distribution, consumer products and business services. Ms. Midura began her career with Andersen, LLP providing global business consulting and regulatory advisory services to companies within the public and private sectors.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Ms. Midura is qualified as a General Securities Representative and is a Certified Public Accountant. Ms. Midura is also a member of The Commonwealth Institute and ACG.
B.S., Whittemore School of Business, University of New Hampshire
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Douglas R. Wulffleff
Senior Managing Director
Mr. Wulffleff serves as Senior Managing Director of Global Banking for BDO Capital Advisors, LLC (formerly Trenwith Securities, LLC). He is responsible for the delivery of merger and acquisition advisory services to middle market, large private and multinational clients worldwide.
Mr. Wulffleff has more than 25 years of experience as a financial advisor to clients across numerous industries including construction, financial institutions, food, electronics, publishing, pharmaceuticals, communications, chemicals, retail, information technology and consumer durables, and he has led transaction teams in over 20 countries.
Mr. Wulffleff joined BDO in 2002. He has previous experience with BT Securities Corporation, the merchant banking group of Bankers Trust New York where he advised on middle-market mergers and acquisitions on a global basis and all types of financings, and with the Corporate Finance practices of Coopers & Lybrand and Arthur Andersen LLP.
Mr. Wulffleff is qualified as a General Securities Representative and a General Securities Principal.
M.B.A., Adelphi University
ABB Inc., AEP Industries, American General, Digital Equipment Corporation, European American Bank, Dover Corporation, DynCorp, Carlisle Companies, Cooper Industries, Compaq Computer, Eastman Kodak Company, General Electric Company, General Signal Corporation, General des Eaux (now Vivendi), Hewlett Packard Company, Linamar Corporation, RPM International, and VWR International.
100 High Street
Boston, MA 02110
Robert A. Snape
Mr. Snape serves as President of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC and has over 20 years of investment banking experience. Mr. Snape has successfully executed over 100 middle-market financial advisory engagements representing over $6 Billion of aggregate transaction value for a variety of clientele including family-owned businesses, Fortune 500 corporations and leading private equity firms. Mr. Snape has executed deals across most major industry groups and has particular knowledge and clients within the Industrial, Healthcare and Consumer & Retail segments. Mr. Snape has experience in leveraged recapitalizations, corporate divestitures, go-private transactions, management buy-outs and exclusive sales. In addition, Mr. Snape has completed cross-border transactions, private placements and fairness opinions on behalf of his clients and provided strategic advice on dividend policy and share repurchases.
Prior to joining BDO Capital, Mr. Snape was a Group Head and Managing Director at Scott-Macon, Ltd., where he led the Consumer & Retail investment banking practice. Prior to Scott-Macon, Mr. Snape was a Managing Director and Senior Investment Banker within the Global Mergers and Acquisitions Group at Banc of America Securities LLC. During his tenure at Banc of America Securities, Mr. Snape played an integral role in formulating and leading the firm’s middle-market M&A advisory practice and served as Head of Global Commercial Banking M&A with national M&A origination and execution responsibilities. While at Banc of America Securities, Mr. Snape was also a senior member of the Consumer & Retail middle-market investment banking group and was a founding officer of the Corporate Sales & Divestitures Group which focused exclusively on the execution of middle-market sell-side M&A transactions on behalf of large corporate and private equity clients.
Mr. Snape joined Banc of America Securities from Fleet Securities, Inc. where he was a founding officer and Managing Director of Fleet M&A Advisors and a senior member of the Fairness Opinion Review Committee. Prior to Fleet, Mr. Snape was a Director of Corporate Finance at KPMG LLP where he was responsible for executing mergers and acquisitions and private placement transactions for KPMG's international client base. Mr. Snape also had prior experience at JP Morgan (formerly Chase Manhattan Bank) and began his career at The Vista Group, a private equity firm, as an Investment Analyst.
Mr. Snape is qualified as a General Securities Principal and Representative (Series 24 and 7) and is a member of ACG.
B.A. and M.B.A., Boston University
Darden Restaurants, Brinker International, Compass Group, GTECH Corporation, Cargill, Madison Dearborn Partners, Brazos Private Equity Partners, Delta Dental, Corrugated Services Inc., Amide Pharmaceutical, American Securities Capital, Fenway Partners
1888 Century Park East
Los Angeles, CA
Mr. Shea serves as Managing Director for BDO Capital Advisors, LLC. He has over twenty years of experience providing transaction advice to public and private companies as well as private equity firms. He has a varied range of experience in industries including e-commerce, food, health and wellness, aerospace and defense, energy, transportation, electronics, computer hardware, media, and retail. Noteworthy past clients include: Textron, Catalytica Energy Systems, TRW, AllHeart.com, Frozen Food Express Industries, Sarcom, MascoTech, Thyssen, and Yokohama.
Before joining BDO, Mr. Shea was a Managing Director with Hadley Partners. Prior to Hadley, he served as Managing Director with middle-market boutique W. Y. Campbell & Company, most recently establishing and heading up the firm’s Los Angeles office. Prior to that, he held a senior position with Ernst & Young Corporate Finance LLC.
FINRA General Securities Representative (Series 7 and 63)
M.B.A., Finance, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University
B.S., Economics, University of Michigan
330 North Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611
William R. Shiry, Jr.
Mr. Shiry serves as Managing Director of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC and has more than 20 years of investment banking and corporate finance experience with a focus on serving the needs of middle market companies and their shareholders. He has advised on mergers & acquisitions, leveraged recapitalizations, management buyouts, growth capital, acquisition financing and refinancing transactions with an aggregate value of over $2 billion. Mr. Shiry has worked with clients in a wide variety of industries including a number of sectors within the Industrial and Consumer spaces.
Prior to joining BDO Capital, Mr. Shiry was a Managing Director with D.A. Davidson & Co., which was the successor to McGladrey Capital Markets LLC, where Mr. Shiry was a Managing Director in the investment banking group and served as a senior member of the transaction origination and execution teams. Previous experience includes serving as a Managing Director at Ernst & Young Corporate Finance LLC, where he advised on mergers & acquisitions and private placements of debt and equity. Mr. Shiry has also held positions in loan syndications, private placements, and corporate finance with Security Pacific/Bank of America.
FINRA General Securities Representative (Series 7, 63 and 79)
M.B.A., University of Michigan
B.S., Miami University