- BDO Capital Newsletter – Q1 2014 Manufacturing & Distribution Transaction Review and Outlook
- Dan Shea gave a presentation at the MIT Enterprise Forum in San Diego called Surviving The Private Equity Shark Tank. Click here to view the presentation.
- BDO Capital Newsletter - Q3 2013 Technology Review and Outlook
- Dan Shea contributed the article "The State of the Capital Markets: The Calm before a Surge?" to ACG's Middle Market Growth publication. Click here to read the article at www.acg.org.
- Bill Shiry Joins BDO Capital Advisors, LLC as Managing Director to head Chicago office
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Completes Capital Raise and ESOP Formation Advisory for Storage Solutions, Inc.
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Sale of Segway Inc. to Summit Strategic Investments, LLC
- BDO Capital Newsletter - Q1 2013 Healthcare Information Technology Review and Outlook
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Recapitalization of Diamond Packaging Holdings, LLC
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Partnership of SSAD with Century Capital
- BDO Capital Newsletter from Bob Snape – Blocking and Tackling: The Current State of Middle Market M&A
- BDO Tech Newsletter - Fall 2012: Valentina Midura provides an update of M&A activity in the Software Industry
- Dan Shea Appointed Head of New Private Equity Initiative for BDO Capital Advisors, LLC and BDO USA, LLP
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Sale of INNCOM International, Inc. to Honeywell International Inc. (NYSE: HON)
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Sale of Geocel Holdings Corporation to The Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE: SHW)
- BDO Capital Industrial Markets Sector - Q2 2012 Transaction Review and Outlook
- Bob Snape named President of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC
- In Memoriam: Kenneth A. Csaplar
- BDO Capital Industrial Markets Sector - Q1 2012 Transaction Review and Outlook
- BDO Capital M&A Newsletter - December 2011 Update
- BDO Capital Advises Morrison Supply Company on Investment by Advent International
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces the Sale of Chemguard, Inc. to Tyco International Ltd.
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Announces a Transaction Closing between Neptune-Benson, Inc. and Audax Group
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Secures Revolving Credit Facility for U.S. Auto Sales, Inc. and U.S. Auto Finance, Inc.
- BDO Capital Advisors, LLC Completes Capital Raise for Leader Distribution Systems, Inc.
- Ken Csaplar and Jerry Dentinger penned an article entitled "M&A in the Middle Market: The Road to Recovery--But Not For All" which was published as the featured story in M&A Chicago’s e-publication on April 12. The full article is available here
- BDO Capital Tech Newsletter – Q1 2011
- Bob Snape was quoted in the article "5 Ways to Prepare Your Business for Sale Now" that was published on March 3 by AxialMarket and featured on Business Insider. The article discusses how to maximize the value of a business before a sale. The full article is available here.
- Daniel Shea joins BDO Capital Advisors as Managing Director
- Ken Csaplar and the BDO PErspective Private Equity Study were featured in the article "BDO USA: Limited Partners Returning To Private Equity; Portfolio Hold Periods Extending" that was published on January 25 by Private Equity Professional Digest. The article was also featured in the outlet’s "Morning Coffee" newsletter. Results from the study are available here.
- BDO Capital Advisors was named a top 10 boutique M&A investment bank of the year at the M&A Atlas Awards held in New York City on November 19, 2010. The award recognizes firms for top transactions in the mid-market segments completed in the previous 12 months, ending October 2010.
- Robert “Bob” Snape Joins BDO Capital Advisors as Managing Director
- Valentina Midura Appointed Managing Director of BDO Capital Advisors
100 High Street
Boston, MA 02110
Kenneth A. Csaplar
Mr. Csaplar serves as President and Managing Director of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC (formerly Trenwith Securities, LLC). Before founding BDO Capital’s Boston office, Mr. Csaplar co-managed Arthur Andersen's New England Corporate Finance Group. Prior to joining Andersen, he founded and ran Fleet Financial Group's mergers and acquisitions group and was responsible for sourcing and closing transactions in Fleet's eight-state geographical foot print. While at Fleet, Mr. Csaplar's primary focus was working with and advising owners of privately owned middle-market companies implementing liquidity events including sell-side transactions, leveraged recapitalizations, ESOPs, special dividends and capital raises.
Prior to joining Fleet, Mr. Csaplar was employed at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. in overseeing the Boston office's Corporate Finance activities. During his 13 year tenure at BBH & Co., he negotiated and closed mergers and acquisitions transactions including stock and asset sales of middle market and closely held public companies. In addition to his corporate finance skill-sets, Mr. Csaplar has valued corporate common and preferred stock, has been a panelist in numerous seminars and has sat on the board of directors of a number of public and private companies.
Before joining Brown Brothers, Mr. Csaplar was employed as an investment banker at Lepercq Capital Corp. in New York City structuring sale lease-back transactions for large real estate projects with equity interests sold through Drexel Burnham Lambert, Merrill Lynch Capital and Paine Webber Securities.
Mr. Csaplar is qualified as a General Securities Representative and a General Securities Principal.
M.B.A., Cornell University
M.S., Taxation, Bentley College
B.A., University of Pennsylvania
3200 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Senior Vice President
Mr. Krueger serves as Senior Vice President of Finance and is the Operating Officer for BDO Capital Advisors, LLC, a division of BDO USA, LLP. He has seventeen years of experience in financial planning, management of financial results and general operations in a variety of high profile corporate environments. He is currently responsible for the financial planning and compliance function for BDO Capital Advisors.
Mr. Krueger began his career at The Walt Disney Company in the corporate financial planning and analysis department. He has since held highly visible financial planning and operations positions with other Fortune 100 companies such as The Coca-Cola Company and Ingram Micro. Mr. Krueger joined BDO from McGladrey Capital Markets where he was an integral part of the executive management team providing analysis and insight as related to the financial planning function for the company.
Mr. Krueger is a member of Financial Executives International (FEI).
M.B.A., Pepperdine University
B.S., Finance, University of Southern California
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Patrick Nguyen, CIRA
Mr. Nguyen is a Director of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC and has over ten years of experience providing transaction advice to public and private companies as well as private equity firms. He has a varied range of experience in mergers & acquisitions, private placements, leverage recapitalizations, special situations financing and financial restructuring transactions. He has advised companies, secured lenders, financial sponsors, unsecured lenders, and unsecured creditors' committees in numerous industries including the high-tech, telecommunication, aerospace, manufacturing and retail industries.
Mr. Nguyen has also served in interim management and officer roles for client organizations during the restructuring process, including Interstate Bakeries Corporation, the largest wholesale bread and cake distributor in the United States and the home of two American icons: Twinkies and Wonder Bread.
Prior to joining our firm Mr. Nguyen worked in the Restructuring and Turnaround Group at Alvarez & Marsal, LLC. Previous to that he worked as a management consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Mr. Nguyen is qualified as a FINRA General Securities Representative (Series 7 and 63).
M.B.A., Cornell University
B.S., Computer Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, Beyond Oblivion, Nutrition 21, 4Kids Entertainment, Borders, Dial-A-Mattress, Reader’s Digest, Polarome International, AeroThrust, Westfield Steel, Zanios Food, Cardiac Management Systems, Freedom Communications, Bag ’n Baggage, Against All Odds, CFM US, JHT Holdings, Interstate Bakeries, Quaker Fabrics, and Home Décor.
Two International Place
Boston, MA 02110
Mr. Sendlenski is a Managing Director in the Boston office of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC and has more than 15 years of investment banking experience with a particular focus on advising corporations on mergers and acquisitions, leveraged recapitalizations and ESOP transactions. In addition to maintaining relationships with hundreds of middle-market private equity firms, Mr. Sendlenski has been invited to participate on leveraged recapitalization panels to discuss financing, the deal process, negotiating employment agreements and how entrepreneurs can effectively work with private equity firms. Mr. Sendlenski's transaction resume includes the sale of over 40 businesses with total value of over $2 billion.
Prior to joining BDO Capital Advisors, Mr. Sendlenski worked in the technology investment banking group of Alex. Brown and Deutsche Bank Securities. During his time at Deutsche Bank, Mr. Sendlenski worked on public and private capital raises and merger and acquisition transactions for clients such as Accenture, Lucent, NEC and Adtran.
Mr. Sendlenski has been selected as one of the Top 40 Investment Bankers Under Age 40 by Investment Dealers' Digest.
Mr. Sendlenski is qualified as a General Securities Representative.
B.A., Economics, Williams College
Two International Place
Boston, MA 02110
Ms. Midura is the head of BDO Capital Advisors' Technology Industry practice and has more than 13 years of investment banking experience. In addition to overseeing this industry vertical for BDO Capital Advisors, she also is primarily responsible for maintaining BDO Capital Advisors' relationships with the private equity community. Ms. Midura is a specialist in numerous transaction structures and processes including leveraged recapitalizations, the "auction sale" and a variety of other going to market techniques and deal structures. Ms. Midura has authored numerous industry and process related articles and routinely participates in speaking engagements, presentations and industry symposiums. Her transaction resume includes the successful sale of over 30 companies with total client consideration value approaching $1 billion.
Prior to joining BDO Capital Advisors, LLC, Ms. Midura served as a Director in the investment banking division of Andersen Global Corporate Finance, LLP, joining that group in 1998. While at Andersen's Boston office she was a key architect in the firm's investment banking technology go to market strategy and a contributor to the firm's growth across a variety of technology sectors including software, hardware and IT services. In addition to technology, Ms. Midura specializes in analyzing and processing value-enhancing liquidity alternatives for companies across a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, distribution, consumer products and business services. Ms. Midura began her career with Andersen, LLP providing global business consulting and regulatory advisory services to companies within the public and private sectors.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Ms. Midura is qualified as a General Securities Representative and is a Certified Public Accountant. Ms. Midura is also a member of The Commonwealth Institute and ACG.
B.S., Whittemore School of Business, University of New Hampshire
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Douglas R. Wulffleff
Senior Managing Director
Mr. Wulffleff serves as Senior Managing Director of Global Banking for BDO Capital Advisors, LLC (formerly Trenwith Securities, LLC). He is responsible for the delivery of merger and acquisition advisory services to middle market, large private and multinational clients worldwide.
Mr. Wulffleff has more than 25 years of experience as a financial advisor to clients across numerous industries including construction, financial institutions, food, electronics, publishing, pharmaceuticals, communications, chemicals, retail, information technology and consumer durables, and he has led transaction teams in over 20 countries.
Mr. Wulffleff joined BDO in 2002. He has previous experience with BT Securities Corporation, the merchant banking group of Bankers Trust New York where he advised on middle-market mergers and acquisitions on a global basis and all types of financings, and with the Corporate Finance practices of Coopers & Lybrand and Arthur Andersen LLP.
Mr. Wulffleff is qualified as a General Securities Representative and a General Securities Principal.
M.B.A., Adelphi University
ABB Inc., AEP Industries, American General, Digital Equipment Corporation, European American Bank, Dover Corporation, DynCorp, Carlisle Companies, Cooper Industries, Compaq Computer, Eastman Kodak Company, General Electric Company, General Signal Corporation, General des Eaux (now Vivendi), Hewlett Packard Company, Linamar Corporation, RPM International, and VWR International.
Two International Place
Boston, MA 02110
Robert A. Snape
Mr. Snape serves as President of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC and has over 20 years of investment banking experience. Mr. Snape has successfully executed over 100 middle-market financial advisory engagements representing over $6 Billion of aggregate transaction value for a variety of clientele including family-owned businesses, Fortune 500 corporations and leading private equity firms. Mr. Snape has executed deals across most major industry groups and has particular knowledge and clients within the Industrial, Healthcare and Consumer & Retail segments. Mr. Snape has experience in leveraged recapitalizations, corporate divestitures, go-private transactions, management buy-outs and exclusive sales. In addition, Mr. Snape has completed cross-border transactions, private placements and fairness opinions on behalf of his clients and provided strategic advice on dividend policy and share repurchases.
Prior to joining BDO Capital, Mr. Snape was a Group Head and Managing Director at Scott-Macon, Ltd., where he led the Consumer & Retail investment banking practice. Prior to Scott-Macon, Mr. Snape was a Managing Director and Senior Investment Banker within the Global Mergers and Acquisitions Group at Banc of America Securities LLC. During his tenure at Banc of America Securities, Mr. Snape played an integral role in formulating and leading the firm’s middle-market M&A advisory practice and served as Head of Global Commercial Banking M&A with national M&A origination and execution responsibilities. While at Banc of America Securities, Mr. Snape was also a senior member of the Consumer & Retail middle-market investment banking group and was a founding officer of the Corporate Sales & Divestitures Group which focused exclusively on the execution of middle-market sell-side M&A transactions on behalf of large corporate and private equity clients.
Mr. Snape joined Banc of America Securities from Fleet Securities, Inc. where he was a founding officer and Managing Director of Fleet M&A Advisors and a senior member of the Fairness Opinion Review Committee. Prior to Fleet, Mr. Snape was a Director of Corporate Finance at KPMG LLP where he was responsible for executing mergers and acquisitions and private placement transactions for KPMG's international client base. Mr. Snape also had prior experience at JP Morgan (formerly Chase Manhattan Bank) and began his career at The Vista Group, a private equity firm, as an Investment Analyst.
Mr. Snape is qualified as a General Securities Principal and Representative (Series 24 and 7) and is a member of ACG.
B.A. and M.B.A., Boston University
Darden Restaurants, Brinker International, Compass Group, GTECH Corporation, Cargill, Madison Dearborn Partners, Brazos Private Equity Partners, Delta Dental, Corrugated Services Inc., Amide Pharmaceutical, American Securities Capital, Fenway Partners
1888 Century Park East
Los Angeles, CA
Mr. Shea serves as Managing Director and Head of Private Equity Coverage for BDO Capital Advisors, LLC. He has over twenty years of experience providing transaction and valuation advice to public and private companies as well as private equity firms. He has worked in a variety of industries including energy, automotive, e-commerce, food, health and wellness, aerospace and defense, transportation, electronics, computer hardware, media, and retail. Noteworthy past clients include: Textron, General Motors, Catalytica Energy Systems, TRW, AllHeart.com, Frozen Food Express Industries, Delphi, Sarcom, MascoTech, Thyssen, and Yokohama.
Before joining BDO, Mr. Shea served as Managing Director with Hadley Partners and also with W. Y. Campbell & Company (a division of Comerica, Inc. – NYSE:CMA), most recently establishing and heading up Campbell's Los Angeles office. Prior to that, he held a senior position within Ernst & Young Corporate Finance LLC.
Mr. Shea is qualified as a General Securities Representative.
M.B.A., Finance, Case Western Reserve University
B.S., Economics, University of Michigan
330 North Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611
William R. Shiry, Jr.
Mr. Shiry serves as Managing Director of BDO Capital Advisors, LLC and has more than 20 years of investment banking and corporate finance experience with a focus on serving the needs of middle market companies and their shareholders. He has advised on mergers & acquisitions, leveraged recapitalizations, management buyouts, growth capital, acquisition financing and refinancing transactions with an aggregate value of over $2 billion. Mr. Shiry has worked with clients in a wide variety of industries including a number of sectors within the Industrial and Consumer spaces.
Prior to joining BDO Capital, Mr. Shiry was a Managing Director with D.A. Davidson & Co., which was the successor to McGladrey Capital Markets LLC, where Mr. Shiry was a Managing Director in the investment banking group and served as a senior member of the transaction origination and execution teams. Previous experience includes serving as a Managing Director at Ernst & Young Corporate Finance LLC, where he advised on mergers & acquisitions and private placements of debt and equity. Mr. Shiry has also held positions in loan syndications, private placements, and corporate finance with Security Pacific/Bank of America.
FINRA General Securities Representative (Series 7, 63 and 79)
M.B.A., University of Michigan
B.S., Miami University